Sadly, the exterior doesn’t do the interior justice at Kendalwood Montessori in Whitby. You’d be forgiven for thinking this centre was hastily thrown together in an old entertainment hall, but in reality this location has been beautifully renovated to suit the school’s needs. Once you drive through the carpark and see the full length of the building, you’ll get a sense for how fast this centre is expanding. Only this year, three new classrooms were completed to meet demand.
Inside, you’ll find some of the most thoughtful touches that easily justify enrolling your child here. For every classroom in the building, you can find full, A4 page profiles of each of the teachers posted to the bulletin boards around the school. These profiles describe the educational background of the teacher, a brief bio and also mention what makes them passionate about working in a Montessori setting. Security is a priority for this centre at it’s multiple entrances, which help to manage the pick up and drop off traffic from all the parents. Each entrance is fitted with a security camera in the entrance way and then again in the areas where the children’s cubbies are kept. After two years of touring child care centres in Durham, I am yet to see this feature anywhere else! Parents are also provided with their own key fob to enter the building, saving staff from interrupting programming to let parents in and out of the facility.
French is provided at this centre and students as young as toddlers benefit, at no extra charge to the standard fees that you would pay. Daily, 15 minute classes are provided to toddlers, which gradually increase as they progress through the Montessori school system.
- Kendalwood Montessori accepts children from 12 months and up.
- Centre hours are from 7am-6pm.
- Full time care for infants aged 12-18 months ranges from $1090-1200, monthly, depending upon the drop off and pick up times you choose for your child. This rate includes a hot lunch.
- Full time care for toddlers aged 18 months to 2.5 years ranges from $1020-1130, monthly, depending upon the drop off and pick up times you choose for your child. This rate includes a hot lunch.
- A one-time registration fee of $100 is due upon registration for new students.
- A $400 deposit is required upon registration. This amount will be deducted from the June tuition.
- This centre accepts students for full time care, only.
- All program costs – French, Music, Gym and field trips are included in the above fees.