Visiting Brooklin Mill Montessori was like walking into a photo I would find on Pinterest. It’s a heritage building for starters, so it has character galore. Like most centres, the classrooms are open and bright but what makes this centre so memorable is the scenery. The toddler (or Pre-Casa) room overlooks a ravine creating a sense of serenity in the classroom. The space isn’t cluttered or thrown together as an afterthought – All learning materials follow Montessori standards and are well maintained by the staff.
The staff at Brooklin Mill were so professional that it made me feel as if their work was a career for them and not just a job. The staff I spoke with were polite, patient with their students and showed a genuine interest in my child. They encouraged my child to try out one of the puzzle activities, and then sat next to him, guiding him through the activity and interactions with the other toddlers there. I was immediately impressed that this staff member was willing to provide me with a sample of how she would interact in the classroom. At most tours, staff can be wrapped up in presenting what they do to the parents that they don’t get a chance to demonstrate what they offer the child as teachers. Brooklin Mill understands this balance and seems genuinely interested in finding a good fit for parents and children alike.
- Accepting children from 18 months and up.
- Half day, part time and full time spaces available.
- Centre is open from 7am – 6pm.
- Full day (8:45am-3:30pm) rates start at $865 for 5 days full time. If you wish to drop off and pick up outside of these times, additional fees will apply. e.g. drop off at 7am and pick up before 6pm is an additional $320 per month.
- Lunch is not included in the rate. Fees start at $65 for part time students and $125 for full time students, per month.
- There is an additional diapering fee calculated as 8% of tuition fees, per month.
- Registration is a non-refundable fee of $100.